Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing has been in trend for the past couple of years. Youngsters are finding new career paths in various dimensions of Digital Marketing, such as Content Writing, Social Media Manager, Content Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, etc. However the more important aspect is the SEO in Digital Marketing. Let us learn what SEO is.
What is SEO ?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization refers to a process of enhancing the quality and the quantity of the website traffic of a website as a whole, or a web page from the search engines. SEO mainly focuses on the unpaid traffic, than the direct or the paid traffic. The ultimate goal is to take the position of a website on the search result page to the top.
An ideal SEO has certain features, such as:
- Identifying significant keywords having higher search traffic capability
- Creating relevant and high-quality content and maximizing for users and search-engines
- Adding significant links from top sites
- Evaluating the results
Currently, SEO is also used as one of the inevitable activities in marketing.
SEO in digital marketing is of 3 types. They are:
- Technical optimization
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
Technical optimization involves completing certain activities on the site, designed to enhance SEO, though they are not concerned with the content.
On-page optimization is about making sure that the content provided is relevant, providing a better user-experience, such as targeting on right keywords within the content though content management systems such as WordPress, Shopify, Blogspot etc.
Off-page optimization enhances the rankings of the site on search engines through certain external activities.
It is very important to set SEO objectives in SEO strategy. You need to set the objectives, and organize them with all your business objectives for the following reasons:
- Encouraging buy-in from key stakeholders
- Enabling to develop an effective SEO strategy
- Ensuring about meeting all your goals
Setting SEO objectives is a tedious task, and hence measuring these objectives enable you to enhance the SEO for a longer period. These are the aspects you could measure:
- Share in the market
- Awareness about the brand
- Generating leads
- Reputation of your site
- E-Commerce features
Role of SEO in Digital Marketing
SEO has a vital role in enhancing the exposure of a company to the target audience or the probable customers on search engines. The person responsible for the SEO efforts of a company analyses and implements various strategies to increase the ranking of certain important topics or keywords.
When customers search for a specific service online via Google or any search engine, you need to ensure that your company website is on the search engine result page (SERP). What would happen if your website is on the 60th page or SERP? The customer will not be able to find the site and click through.
Hence, it is inevitable to invest in SEO, so your potential customers find you online and connect with you, thus increasing the sales for the business.
Benefits of SEO
You can find numerous advantages of SEO. Google ranks the sites providing uncompetable quality content to their users or audience, effective techniques and strategies enhance SEO making your website an effective place for the users.
Let us look at some major benefits of SEO.
- Builds brand awareness: When the focus is on the SEO efforts, there will be more visitor traffic in your website, thus increasing brand awareness, and persuading people to purchase your product or service
- Enhances User experience: According to Google, the user experience of a website helps in ranking higher the search engines. These search engines enable users to find high-quality content, so they prioritize the sites creating content having this goal.
- Increases sales with inbound sales: People search for a product or service when they find your site on the front page of a search engine. They discover you, which in turn reduces your burden to sell your product or service.
- Makes the site mobile-friendly: Google states that your focus must be on the user experience of people who access your website on mobile devices. If they don’t get an effective experience from your site on the mobile, the chances of them visiting your site will be reduced.
- Increases the speed of loading the website: The pace of loading your website enables the users to read the content much quicker. If the page loads slowly, the user will ignore your website without checking the content. SEO helps you to prioritize speed of loading the page.
SEO is inevitable and effective for the long run of a business. Your business reaches people across the globe by its ranking in the search engine. The better the keyword usage in the web page or website, the better the rank! Iknasoft provides world class experience with SEO in Digital Marketing, to take your business to greater heights with high-quality content and effective keywords.
Iknasoft is the leading IT and marketing agency where you get solution of IT and digital marketing service like seo services, sem services, web development service.